Home & Garden > christmas quotes

Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

14 Inspirational Quotes for Black History Month

To celebrate Black History Month, we have gained powerful and inspirational quotes from prominent African Americans. Here are some of my favorite inspirational quotes:

1. "I do not know the key to success, but the key is trying to failure to satisfy everyone." - Bill Cosby

2. "Nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral questions of our time: the need for people from oppression and violence without resorting to oppression and overcomeViolence. One has for all human conflict a method of revenge, aggression declines continue to evolve and retaliation. The establishment of such a method is love. "- Martin Luther King Jr.

3. "I know I've done it, while the masses of black people catchin 'are bright, but as long as it is not free, I am not free." - Muhammed Ali

4. "Our nation is a rainbow-red, yellow, brown, black and white and we are all precious in God's eyes." - Jesse Jackson

5. "The battles that do not count are those forGold medals. The fighting within itself, the invisible, inevitable battles inside all of us, that's what I meant. "- Jesse Owens

6. "Success is measured not so much by the position that in life as the obstacles he has overcome while trying to achieve success. - Booker T. Washington

7. "I believe in the brotherhood of man, all men, but I do not believe in brotherhood with someone who does not want brotherhood with me. I believe in treating people right, butI am not my time trying to treat somebody right who does not know how to waste it back to the treatment. "- Malcolm X

8. "I do not want a Black History Month. Black History of American history." - Morgan Freeman

9. "We should emphasize not Negro History, but the Negro in history. What we need is not a history of selected races and nations, but the history of the world free of national bias, race hate and religious prejudice." - Carter Woodson

10. "Defining myself, asbe defined in relation to others, is one of the most difficult challenges that I face. "- Carol Moseley-Braun

11. "Where is a man, I see, is God-given rights in this can, regardless of gender or skin color is inherent." - William Lloyd Garrison

12. "Black people can not and will not be integrated into American society on any terms, but the self-determination and autonomy." - Gerda Lerner

13. Be "Let it [racism] problem, someone else ... Let it pull it awaydown. Do not use it as an excuse for your own shortcomings. "- Colin Powell

14. "The only justification for ever down is for someone to pick them up." - Jesse Jackson

I hope you've enjoyed these inspirational quotes.



woman watches

No comments:

Post a Comment