Home & Garden > christmas quotes

Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Gift Ideas

Most people I know do not expect a gift in the fall. That makes a Thanksgiving gift idea so much fun. I've got nothing to expensive. I'm not looking for the "perfect" gift. I just have fun together a hostess gift or gift basket autumn. It is a way I like to say thank you to my friends and family and celebrate the coming cold weather - we have to celebrate, or we will mourn you!

For all other expenses to leave on the way, I do not wantspend more than ten or twenty dollars for a Thanksgiving gift idea. Better yet, how to make gifts, or I can together. These are all my favorites:

If you are invited for dinner, you will quickly and simply a gift for the cook or the other guests:

Jar of Gourmet Cranberry Relish or Apple Butter

Pumpkin Spice cake mix

Seasonal Cookbook

An apron - There are quite a Aprons Funny Aprons, white chef aprons. Make your choice.

Ceramic Pumpkin Dish (withlid) OR Autumnal tin filled with dried cranberries

Nutcracker and Bag of Nuts

Ordered couple dozen fresh or post or otherwise prepared tamales Ethnic Food for a Day After
Thanksgiving

Planning ahead for an activity Thanksgiving gift idea to family and friends move in together, and create your own traditions:

Case Scene Puzzle to Work After Dinner

Board games that are easy for those not interested (in sports like me!)

Supplies for a Letter Box Hunt Including StampInk Pad, Notepad, and directions for the local Hunt (Find out more about letterboxing at http://www.letterboxing.org. My children love this treasure hunt activity. I love the movement and share while we do it.)

A scavenger hunt list with a prize for the winning team or individual

Leave Small Booklet or Scrapbook Titled "Things I Love About My Family" - Pass it around to everyone in.

Light Solid Colored Table Cloth and Marker - Do you have family and friends to write on the tableclothwhat they are thankful for, along with a signature and date. Make it a yearly tradition to add thanks to the tablecloth.

With these personal Thanksgiving gift ideas for friends and colleagues who know that you are glad to be apart of her life:

Autumn Framed photo of you or your family - Many years ago, my mom and dad have all seven of my siblings and I dress in jeans and flannel shirts and took us to Oklahoma Ouchita mountains for a photo shoot. ThePhotographers? My future husband! And boy, he took some nice pictures. You can also use a photo from a past Thanksgiving gathering.

Holiday Organizer Notebook - You buy one or put it together yourself with a regular notebook, scrapbook or wrapping paper, stickers and headings like: Winter calandar, Work / School Gift List Gift List Family, Friends Gift List, Holiday Meal Planning, Events / Parties
Wreath for Door or Table Centerpiece

Party Music - Buy new orTo create a custom mixture tape or CD at home.
Thanksgiving Cactus (which blooms in November, not with the Christmas Cactus which blooms in December to be confused)

Memory Jar - Cut colored paper into small pieces. With just a few words, write down each one a memory of an experience you had with the recipient that you are happy. Preserve your memories so short that you have time to think of dozens.

Example of one of your favorite holiday dishes, plus a handwritten copy of theRecipe - If I give a recipe as a gift, I would like to include a little story or memory of the recipe.

New ornaments, lights, decorations or other holiday, plus a commitment that You Will Come Help Decorate for one or two hours
The book tells the story of the pilgrims as "Of Plymouth Plantation" by William Bradford and "Pilgrim Voices: Our first year in the New World, edited by Connie and Peter Roop

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!



Recommend : monitors mesothelioma lawsuits

No comments:

Post a Comment