Home & Garden > christmas quotes

Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Stepping Out On Faith When The Odds Are Stacked Against You

I have definitely defied the odds and can speak from experience that "it's not about where you were, but where you go! Growing up poor in Stockton, California, with limited resources, I fought hard for the opportunity to participate in higher education and someone. I tried hardly have escaped the hands of death at the age of eighteen years, if I take my own life to have the harsh road and lies that whisper in my mind about my self to flee. But my mother is hard work and struggle, give mySiblings and me better ways superseded these lies and gave me the power, press, and women I am today.

As an American military veteran and prevailing entrepreneur, I know that my intention to give a voice to women from all walks of life through the pages of my publication, Average Girl Magazine, and by sharing my story. I know that stepping out on faith when the odds set against me, in a way that only God knew I could be stackedHandle.

Now you understand me wrong. I had many days, which fears any entrepreneur, the first stage, the steps on the faith: Hearing that your idea is good, but because you no resources (eg money), you will never make it possible. In the past four years I have heard every excuse from the high powered business people just starting out, that there was no way I be in a position, these companies will grow, because I do not the thousands of dollars behind me. If I were a quarter for every time IHearing this, I would be able to buy a condo ... in the Hamptons.

So, when you give up "? Or in the jargon, "When you start executing your exit strategy?" When every door closes in your face? If you turn your phone on the bill collectors to avoid? If your spouse you that "this bull is starting *&^%" look? When you by faith? My whole life has had traveled on the fight against the odds and the road at least. There is something in me that simply mustMarch to a different drum beat.

The day that I tried to take my life, was the real beginning of my journey through faith. I had my doubts about who I was and what I could be to distort cloud my vision and my faith. When I swallowed the pills, but something whispered that I was worthy of my mind ... that my family needed me more than I knew. God told me I'd always be somebody to him ... If I would believe only, and will have the faith. He told me that he needed a gift to me to come that hadfrom ... if I would only believe. I was moving and walking in faith, since that day.

I will admit that there are days where I do feel like giving up on everything. What man does not? I think back on everyday tasks, according to this "stupid" idea of entrepreneurship and the way to work for someone else because at least then I would have a steady paycheck, health insurance and the coveted 401 (k). But then my spirit would die, and that scares me more than not with a paycheck.Sometimes I think I will be a foreigner. Why else would I risk my safety to save my soul?

Last Christmas, I was called to sit in a Christmas play "The Gift" when I heard a character say something that I am an "Ah hah!" Moment. The sign says: "God's gift to you is potential. Your gift to God is what you do with that potential." How deep this statement to me was because I realized that my potential is my goal and my goal is my giftto God, but only when I move. The blessings come, not until you move.
One of my favorite quotes is from inspirational Maya Angelou: "I can change me because of what happened. I refuse to be reduced." What this means to me is that no matter what happens to my business or my life in a purposeful journey, I am not going to change it, that to me is the essence. I am a child of God and he gave me my intention ... no matter the odds, I have to fulfill it. I can see, feel, touch,even smell it. The goal!

So what's the matter? What steps have you to pursue your goal? There is an old Chinese proverb says: "Ambition knows no obstacles." I think 2007 is the best time to be ambitious and determined. What do you call the divine nature, know that He brings you to potential end blessed - a gift. Use to keep your faith and move towards fulfilling your purpose.

Know that this is the year of the completion of your ... whatever may be the forYou. Believe in your gift, work on your gift, and share your gift. But more importantly, write it on a piece of paper and carry it with you in your wallet or purse and when you have a moment when you feel as if the world comes down on you - and it will, because that is life - take it and repeat it to yourself until you feel calm enough to get it back in and away you go with your day.

Remember! Life is not easy. If it were, we would not have a chance to show God, the DivineIts what we do with his gift to us. Your goal is waiting for you. Purpose get started on your plan today and do not get your past the roadblock to your Purpose-Driven Life to be. MOVE! It is time to step out of the faith.



My Links : car video lcd carmonitors hdtv local phone

No comments:

Post a Comment