Home & Garden > christmas quotes

Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Best Christmas Present Ever!

"And when they had opened their treasures, they presented him gifts: gold, frankincense and myrrh." Matthew 2:11 [NKJV]

Christmas is only a few weeks away, so I'm getting my favorite item from my children and grandchildren. I always know what my husband wants: Save cold, hard cash or a voucher of his favorite train. He has received a model train hobby and needs infinite cash to get it upright. But this year I could distract him by surprise and romantic with something andsentimental.

I go back in my memory today, to a certain Christmas in my childhood. I was old in third grade, and only eight years. I do not remember who now lay under the tree for me and what I am Open at Christmas, but I do I know what I was hoping for.

That Christmas, I have my mother was back.

My mother was very, very sick. I was sure she would die. I've heard whispers in the church at prayer meeting. I am sorry for the ladieslooks as if she tried to smile at me. Men stood in the church and prayed long prayers asking God to spare my mother and they do well.

I did not know why my mother was in hospital. At first I thought she had a baby, but my older sisters assured me that it was not so. At home, my older sister and dad talked quietly did not want to worry us younger children.

So I prayed. I also asked God to heal my mother and bring her home for Christmas. My family was great. I was thirteen brothersand sisters.

One or two years before other large family in our church her mother had lost. She died. Her father remarried, so that the children now have a new mom. I did not want a new mom. I loved my mother. I have all kinds of promises to God - good Christian, what I would do if he would only bring my mother back home to me from the hospital.

And God has my mother bring home for Christmas, but only for a few days and then she was back to surgery.

But that was enough forme.

As I hugged her and comforted me she could let go again. I thought, for she had already gone and returned, she would come back the next time too. I was right. It was still worse than before, but she had her surgery. God healed her, and many weeks later she came back home to stay. God heard my prayer.

When I think of the ways with their treasure of gold and perfumes at the feet of Jesus, the first Christmas I join with them in worship.

Butthat Christmas when I was eight years old, all the rich material resources that were the richest kings laid at the feet of Jesus, have failed in comparison to the treasure, he gave me - my mother.

This Christmas, I encourage you, the special gifts given to Jesus, you have to remember.



See Also : overhead monitor mastercard credit card license school

No comments:

Post a Comment